Wednesday 16 February 2011

Celebrity Caricature - Karl Pilkington

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of listening to Karl Pilkington you really are missing out. He first step onto the ladder of fame came when he became the producer of the Ricky Gervais show on XFM radio London, and when, on one of the shows broadcasts, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant asked him a question on live radio and were totally blown away by his response and the legend that is Karl Pilkington began.

The radio show was followed by the subsequent record breaking podcast series and HBO animated television series The Ricky Gervais Show and most recently Sky one' s fantastic series 'An Idiot Abroad' which I absolutely loved and has made me a complete junkie for all things Gervais,Merchant and Pilkington. I think I must be the only person in the U.K. who hasn't seen the Original BBC series 'The Office' or 'Extras' nor any of Ricky's stand up shows ... I'm working my way through the back catalogue as we speak.

Ricky Gervais often describes him as 'the funniest man alive in Britain today' and often describes him 'having a head like a f*****g orange' due to its perfectly spherical shape couple this with Karls legendary love for all things monkey you have the inspiration for my Karl Pilkington caricature above.

For more information on Karl Pilkington please click here.

No comments: