Thursday 30 December 2010

"Do you do dogs ?"

A strange question I'm sure you'll agree but one I've been asked a time or two recently.








Firstly a slightly belated 'Merry Christmas' to everyone, sorry I've just been so busy plus I'm never, ever prepared for Christmas anyway,it always seems to take me by surprise.


This will be my final post of 2010 and I'm very curious to see what 2011 will bring. I thought that I would post some examples of dog portraits that I have been asked to paint, something different and very enjoyable to work on ... enjoy.


A Happy New Year to one and all.

4 comments:

Will said...

Great work Steve. It's a request I'm getting more often too! I haven't tried really stretching a dog's features yet but its something I want to try. Happy New Year!

Steve Roberts said...

Thank you Will. I think I would like to pursue the pet paintings more in 2011 I really enjoyed working on them. Like yourself I haven't stretched any features but it may be fun to try and caricaturize them to show more of their personality and quirks. I'll definitely give it a try. All the very best for the New Year.

Toby Kinread said...

Nice dog pictures & Happy New Year!

Steve Roberts said...

Thanks Toby & a Happy 2011 to you.